We are going to miss 2014 like whoa. We loved it but kinda wanna be mad at it for flying by so quickly. Taking a look back at 2014 gives us such a sense of appreciation and makes us feel so incredibly full of excitement, gratitude, love and happiness. To all the couples and wonderful people who let us take their photograph and granted us with their trust and support, and to everyone we’ve been blessed to grow closer to throughout the past year, we are supremely thankful for you. To all our new friends and to those who follow us and keep up with our comings and goings, we seriously love you and hope and pray that you continue to keep up with us as we experience the new lessons and adventures the new year and beyond have in store for us..
And now, here’s just a taste of what made 2014 a specifically memorable and awesome year..
- We launched our new branding by our dear friends, Good South.
- Featured on: weddings on Ruffled, Bridal Musings (1, 2), The Lovely Find, an elopement featured on Ever Ours, a family shoot on Little Bellows and lifestyle shoots on The Fresh Exchange, Camille Styles. Had a big feature in print in Southern Weddings Magazine.
- Travel: Traveled to the Finger Lakes in NY to shoot a wedding there. Hiked to the summit of three mountains with couples and cameras in tow with a total combined elevation of 18,073 ft. Shot an amazing elopement at the base of a waterfall and Jessica got to be an official “witness” and signed their marriage license. Traveled to and shot in New York, Virginia, Washington, D.C., South Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland and all over North Carolina. Went to Brooklyn where we celebrated 4 years of marriage and shot an engagement shoot.
- Welcomed a new beautiful baby niece, Arbor.
- Jessica shot for Deeply Rooted Magazine.
- Brett bought his dream car (a black ’95 Range Rover County Classic).
- Hosted our Autumnal Gathering back in November where 30 of our closest friends in the industry gathered on Jessica’s papas land.
It’s an amazing reality to embrace the fact here and now that some of our best memories, favorite road trips, and life changing experiences are still ahead. The world hasn’t been explored enough. Our babies haven’t been born yet. Our new home hasn’t been bought yet.
Our push for this year is to cultivate a strong grasp on our senses of awareness, intentionality, introspection and authenticity. To get healthier in mind, body and soul. To establish better financial habits. To take on more personal interests that fulfill us to max. To have more dance parties, even it’s just the two of us at home. To go to more shows and see more ballets. To expand our horizons. To bring a more personable dialog to the blog. To complain less and consciously appreciate more out loud. To get out of our own way and let life move us more freely. To nurture friendships and relationships that we treasure most. To find and build connections with our clients that last.
We’d love to hear some things that you are working on this year! Leave a comment and teach us something or just say hi!
Okay, we’ll stop there and get to the photos! Here are some (actually, a lot) of photos from this past year: